Join us as Franklin & Marshall College’s Office of College Advancement and the Ware Institute for Civic Engagement team up with Habitat for Humanity to offer an immersive service experience for students and alumni from July 28 – August 4, 2018 in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina! Our team will work alongside future homeowners to build safe, affordable homes while learning more about how Habitat Asheville is providing holistic housing solutions to residents and improving communities through neighborhood revitalization.
While we’re in Asheville, we will experience the unique style of this mountain town while learning more about the local economy and how it affects access to affordable housing.
For an official announcement from the College, including details on how to register, please follow this link.
- Saturday: Welcome. Grab your packed bags and arrive in Asheville to meet the rest of your team.
- Sunday: Explore. Along with your team, check out Asheville and the unique treasures that surround the area.
- Monday: Learn and build. Habitat staff will explain about their work in Asheville and provide a tour of the ReStore. You’ll hit the build site and get started on the week’s project.
- Tuesday-Friday: Build. Work for the day on the build site and enjoy rest, reflection and dinner time as a team in the evening. On Wednesday you’ll share dinner with the homeowners and on Friday you’ll have a celebratory dinner as a team.
- Sunday: Goodbyes. You may continue journey in Asheville independently or head back home.
This post contains statements and images from Habitat for Humanity and Franklin & Marshall College. Their help and collaboration is much appreciated!